I have been happy lately. Like, really happy. After a few years of quite punishing health problems, I finally feel like I am coming out the other side and I can enjoy the little things again. 2019 has been a good year for me so far. I have been able to achieve some things, but mainly I have been able to take it easy. (Something that doesn’t come naturally to me.) I have taken a break from to-do lists and have spent many weekends just pottering about in my apartment. As a result, I have noticed happiness has crept its way back into my mind. Some days (and nights) have still been a little rough, but overall this year has been treating me with gentle kindness. And with that in
I am grateful for:
- finishing the Yoga with Adriene Challenge in January and absolutely loving it. I am so happy I rediscovered my love for yoga.
- in general, having the most relaxing and worry-free month I have had in a long time during January.
- meditating for 10 minutes daily in February. It was mêh (meditation routines aren’t for me), but I stuck with it and that is what matters. #willpower
- having some incredible (early) spring weather in the UK, meaning I spent lots of time hiking in the Yorkshire countryside and even making a trip to the Cotswolds. Who recognises the environment below from a Harry Potter movie?
- having a friend stay with us for the month of February, as she had to finish some business for her PhD. I was a bit worried about cramming another person into our tiny apartment, but it was actually really nice to have a roommate again (other than my boyfriend of course).
- being just the two of us, once our friend left.
- falling in love with the outdoors much more than I ever thought I would, when I went on a
- having an article of mine published on Tiny Buddha. This was by far one of the biggest highlights of this quarter. (If you haven’t read it yet, you can find the article here.)
- getting rid of our gross 70s bathroom and now having a sparkly new bathroom. #yay
- spending a weekend home-home with this little furry friend and eating lots of cake for my boyfriend’s birthday (told you I still eat sugar on the odd occasion!).
- successfully quitting sugar. I don’t eat any sugar anymore – including most fruits -, except for very special occasions, like a birthday. It is now part of my routine and I feel a lot healthier for it.
- going to a workshop on ‘dreaming big’ by Sophie. I learned so much during that 2-hour session, so if you live in the UK I can highly recommend checking out her upcoming workshops.
- receiving the most lovely comments on this more poetic post. Honestly, these comments had me beaming with happiness for days afterward.
- traveling to Israel with my best friend from The Netherlands. I don’t get to see her that often, which made this trip even more special.
- Working on a brand new design for my blog and getting excited about bringing my vision to life.
What have you been grateful for lately?